Positioned overlooking the Pacific Ocean, WIN Stadium is situated at the lower end of the Wollongong Central Business District on the corner of Crown & Harbour Streets, Wollongong.
WIN Stadium is designed as a multi-purpose facility with the ability to host a variety of sporting and special events. The venue capacity is 23,000 with approximately 13,000 seats undercover.
The new Western Grandstand, completed in 2012, replaces the previous 50 year old grandstand, with a new two-tiered stand of 6,000 seats, boosting capacity of the Stadium to 23,000.
The project has included a small refurbishment to the Southern Grandstand (Merv Nixon Stand) with new corporate, player, and retail catering facilities.
In addition to an increased seating capacity, WIN Stadium will boast improved patron access and facilities (such as toilets, box offices, turnstiles, food & beverage areas), 4 leased areas to be used as shops/ eateries, 2 new function rooms for game days and conferencing events, 21 new corporate suites, and new media and player training facilities.
The Northern Grandstand was opened in April 2002 providing an $8 million upgrade for the venue. The 6,000 seat grandstand provided for increased corporate entertainment facilities with the Premiers Room Function Centre overlooking the playing field. The Premiers Room can be divided into a number of configurations providing a flexible approach to corporate dining or conferencing requirements.
- The newly redeveloped western grandstand and northern grandstand provide the public with a panoramic view of all events with retail food and beverage outlets operating for major events
- The southern grandstand provides undercover public seating, retail food and beverage outlets and bars, and 21 newly appointed corporate suites
- A Strathyr playing surface has been installed to provide the Stadium with a year round surface capable of handling back to back sporting or special events
- There are four change rooms, a First Aid room, referees room and merchandise areas
- WIN Stadium has an adjacent training ground for training and pre match warm up requirements
- The Stadium is well served for public transport with an easy walk to Wollongong train station and a five bus-drop off bay situated at the WIN Entertainment Centre which is located next to the Stadium
- The Venue is also within easy walking distance of hotels, shops and restaurants located in the Wollongong Central Business District
- WIN Stadium is the home venue of the St George Illawarra Dragons who play in the National Rugby League.
WIN Stadium's main entrances (Gates A, B and C) are located on Harbour Street in Wollongong, and is only 3 minutes walking distance of the City Centre, its shops and restaurants.
Gate D is located on the beach side of the venue, and provides access for the general admission hill.
Transport is a breeze with a 5 bus parking bay and adjacent car parking facilities.
- Sports Played - The rectangular field of plan can accommodate international standard rugby league, rugby union and football
- Lights - Outside broadcast quality arena lighting
- Video Screen - Ability to install
- Capacity - 23,000
- Home Team - St George Illawarra Dragons